Author Extra-Event Tickets and Sponsorship Opportunities
Wild Deadwood Reads is hosting year three of our Book Fair and Legendary Events June 6-8, 2019, and we want you to be part of all the fun! Participate by choosing events (some of them are free!) and registering yourself and your traveling companions.
Are you looking for a way to connect directly with hundreds of people who are already big fans of books? Wild Deadwood Reads is the perfect way for you to do it! And we have fabulous sponsorship offers for you. Sponsorship opportunities come in all different sizes and prices, so grab your favorite quickly before it’s gone.
Read through all the options, choose what you’d like to attend and what you’d like to sponsor, then use the widget below to secure your tickets and sponsorships. Again this year, any tickets purchased are non-refundable, but you may sell and/or transfer them to other attendees if you find you are unable to attend. Thank you!
Author Assistant/Cover Model/Family/Entourage Registration
Author Assistant/Family/Entourage Registration – Free
REMINDER: Author, if you wish to have your assistant sit with you, you’ll need to register for an full 8′ or 6′ table (not the one-half of an 8′ table which has only 1 chair) Due to space limitations, you’ll be able to have your assistant OR a cover model at the table with you, but not both at the same time.
Please register each member of your group/family/entourage
Cover Model Registration – Free
REMINDER: Author, you’ll need to register for an full 8′ or 6′ table (not the one-half of an 8′ table which has only 1 chair) Due to space limitations, you’ll be able to have your assistant OR a cover model at the table with you, but not both at the same time.
Cover Model Agreement: Cover Model MUST be sponsored by an Author. Due to space limitations, you’ll be able to have your assistant OR a cover model at the table with you, but not both at the same time. You must register for a full 8′ or 6′ table to be eligible to sponsor a Cover Model. Cover Model must register and have a neck wallet and nametag. The Book Fair is an opportunity for Authors and Readers to connect. During the Book Fair, Cover Model agrees to respect Author’s main objective. Cover Model may approach Authors and Vendors but will not monopolize Authors or Vendors time to promote themselves. Nor will the Cover Model place any non pre-approved items on author tables. By registering, Cover Model understands and agrees to abide by these rules.
Extra-Event Tickets and Sponsorship Opportunities
When you sponsor an Extra-Event, you’ll reach Readers, Authors, Cover Models, Volunteers, and Author’s Assistants (who are all readers!) Again this year, there are no refunds on Extra-Event tickets or Sponsorships if you have to cancel, sorry.
All Event Sponsorships include your Logo, Business Name, and Link on the extra-event’s detailed website page; and ultimate recognition as your Name and Bio/Info is read at the event, on the motorcoach ride, or for Rodeo sponsorship, given to each attendee as a full-color handout.
REMEMBER: Tickets and Sponsorship are separate items, if you’d like to attend an event, be sure to purchase a Ticket, but if you just want to sponsor an event and not attend, then you’ll choose the Sponsorship only. Thank you!
Tickets: Thursday Learning Day – Free
(please secure one Free ticket for each person in your group)
Where: The Conference Room on the Lobby level of the Deadwood Mountain Grand Hotel
Format: Learning sessions for authors and readers, and a mock book cover photo shoot by our official photographer for 2019, Killion Group
11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Hour-long Learning Sessions to be announced
Sponsorship: Thursday Learning Day – $25
Your $25 provides:
- Your Logo, Name, and Link listed on the Learning Day event’s detailed website page.
- Strong recognition as your name, photo, and tagline is posted as 11 x 17 full-color artwork in the Conference Room
Tickets: Thursday Meet-and-Greet – Free
(please secure one Free ticket for each person in your group)
Where: Backstage Bar and Outdoor Deck with Stunning View of Deadwood – located in the Event Center on the second floor, above the non-smoking casino
Format: Cash bar with light appetizers
6:00 – 7 PM, Authors Only – meet each other and pick up your neck wallets, tickets, schedules, etc. Receive last-minute instructions/changes, and open question forum with the Hosts
7 – 9 PM, Readers, Cover Models, Author Assistants, Vendors, and Sponsors will join the authors
Sponsorship: Thursday Meet-and-Greet – $50
Your $50 provides:
- Help covering the room charge for this Free Event – Backstage Bar and Deck
- Help cover the bartender expense for this Free Event – two bartenders for 2019
- Delicious appetizers which attending readers (and you!) will greatly appreciate
- Your Logo, Name, and Link listed on the Meet-and-Greet event’s detailed website page
- Strong recognition as your name and bio/info is read during the event
Tickets: Friday Multi-Stop Sightseeing Trip – $85
(please secure one ticket for each person in your group)
Where: Meet motorcoach at front door of hotel
Format: Motorcoach trip and ALL- INCLUSIVE sightseeing and meals
7:00 AM board motorcoach at front door of our Hotel in Deadwood
7:15 AM Depart for Historic Fort Hays which was used in the film Dances With Wolves
8:15 AM to 9:45 AM Breakfast (included in ticket) at Fort Hays and time to explore the Dances with Wolves Film Set
9:45 AM board motorcoach at Historic Fort Hays
10:00 AM Depart for Bear Country USA
10:15 AM to 12:15 PM Explore Bear Country USA
12:15 PM board motorcoach at Bear Country USA
12:30 PM Depart for Hill City 1880s Train
1:00 PM board 1880s Train in Hill City for 1:15 departure, enjoy your Bandana Lunch (included in ticket) on the train
2:15 PM arrive by train in Keystone
2:15 PM to 3:45 PM Explore the town of Keystone
3:45 PM board motorcoach at Keystone
4:00 PM Depart for Deadwood
5:00 PM arrive at our Hotel in Deadwood
Sponsorship: Friday Multi-Stop Sightseeing Trip – $50
Your $50 provides:
- Your Logo, Name, and Link listed on the Sightseeing Trip event’s detailed website page
- Strong recognition as your name and bio/info is read on the motorcoach during the event
- Due to the length of the trip, and the space of time between breakfast at Fort Hayes and lunch on the 1880s Train, sponsoring authors are encouraged to bring water and a light snack (at sponsoring author’s expense) for the participants to enjoy on the motorcoach after Bear Country. (The bus holds 55 people). Who will bring what will be discussed and finalized in early 2019, if not sooner.
- Sponsors are welcome to organize games and/or local informational talks during the motorcoach portions of the trip (example: trivia questions about South Dakota, possibly for small prizes provided by sponsoring authors)
Tickets: Breakfast With the Authors from 8:30 – 10 am Saturday before the Book Fair – $18.50
(please secure one ticket for each person in your group who would like to enjoy breakfast)
Where: At the far end of the Event Center on the second floor, above the non-smoking casino (in the same room as the Book Fair)
Format: Buffet breakfast, round 8-person tables with linen and real plates, cups, and silverware
We hope you’ll come hungry! Here’s the buffet menu: Scrambled eggs, cubed breakfast potatoes, biscuits and gravy, hickory smoked bacon or sausage links, fresh fruit, butter, fresh brewed coffee, hot water, ice water, and ORANGE JUICE sponsored by Linda Rae Sande.
(please note: if you prefer a beverage other than coffee, you’re welcome to bring your own. Hot water is provided if you’d like to bring your own teabag)
Readers are going to love sitting down with you for a few minutes before the book fair and saying “Hi.”
8:30 AM breakfast begins
9:40 AM authors called to the stage at the far end of the room for the 9:45 group photo (Authors, remember to eat early!)
9:50 AM photos finished so you have time to get back to your table
10:00 AM breakfast ends, readers line up near the elevator/escalator/stairway for the official opening of the Book Fair
Sponsorship: Breakfast With the Authors from 8:30 – 10 am Saturday before the Book Fair – $50
Your $50 provides:
- Your Logo, Name, and Link listed on the Breakfast With the Authors event’s detailed website page.
- Immediately before the opening of the Breakfast, you’ll have instant acknowledgement as your name is announced as a “Breakfast Sponsor”
- Strong recognition as you place your swag or promotional material on each breakfast table Friday evening during load-in or Saturday morning before breakfast begins (number of tables/place settings to be determined – 2018 had 135 attendees)
Tickets: Saturday Rodeo VIP Behind the Chutes Tour – $80
(please secure one ticket for each person in your group)
Where: Meet at front door of the hotel for shuttle service to the Days of ’76 Rodeo Grounds right in Deadwood!
Format: An early “VIP Package” including a fabulous Behind-the-Chutes Tour including live demonstrations and Q&A session, plus premium seating for the Rodeo.
4:45 PM board shuttle at our hotel
5:00 PM Behind the Chutes VIP Tour
—Open question time with PBR bull riders, announcers, stock contractors, and bullfighters. They’ll discuss equipment, experiences, stories, how a PBR event is put on, and will answer any questions you have.
—They will run a bull into the chutes and have the PBR bull riders show how they put their rope on and get ready to ride. Time for questions, too.
—PBR stock contractors will go over their procedures to show how they get their bulls ready. Ask any questions you have.
After Tour, supper on your own (premium food vendors available under the grandstand, and restaurants in casino/hotels across the street)
6:30 PM – 7:00 PM head to Premium Box Seats in main grandstand
7:00 PM Rodeo Start Time
After Rodeo, board shuttle for the No. 10 Saloon (where the Rodeo participants go to party) for Rodeo After-Party, or take shuttle back to hotel
Sponsorship: Saturday Rodeo VIP Behind the Chutes Tour – $50
Your $50 provides:
- Your Logo, Name, and Link listed on the Rodeo VIP Behind the Chutes Tour event’s detailed website page.
- Strong recognition as your name, photo, and bio/info is given to each attendee as a full-color handout.
Tickets: Saturday Wild Book Readings at Wild Bill’s – $10
(please secure one ticket for each person in your group who will NOT be supplying a scene to be read)
To provide a scene from your book to be read (or to read it yourself) please secure a Sponsorship below
Where: Wild Bill’s Bar 624 Main St, Deadwood
Format: Cash Bar and Amazing Deserts from Local Vendors (including Chubby Chipmunk Chocolates)
7:00 PM meet at the upstairs room of Wild Bill’s Bar, 624 Main St, Deadwood
7:15 PM with a glass of wine and a plate full of extraordinary desserts, be seated at the bistro tables and enjoy authors reading intriguing scenes from their very own books
COSTUMES OPTIONAL for Readers and Authors!
Sponsorship: Saturday Wild Book Readings at Wild Bill’s – $25
Your $25 provides:
- Your Logo, Business Name, and Link listed on the Wild Book Readings event’s detailed website page
- Strong recognition as your name and bio/info is read during the event, and a scene from your book is read (or read by you!)
- Linda Rae Sande will contact you with more details.
- Would you like to have your scene read on-stage, but you’re going to the rodeo and can’t be at the Book Reading personally? Not a problem! Choose this event sponsorship and your scene will be read by an author or volunteer who will have received your scene prior to the event to allow them to practice.
- Or will you be attending the event, and would like to read your own scene (or designate someone else to read it for you)? Great – you’re very, very welcome! Please Sponsor the event and you will be included in the lineup.
Tickets: Pre-sale BONUS Raffle Tickets for Giant Basket Raffle to support the Black Hills Wild Horse Sanctuary – $10
Show your support for this amazing refuge for Mustangs and other horses.
Tickets are also available the day of the event
Presale ticket BONUS: 30 tickets for $10 (at the event, tickets will be 20 tickets for $10, or 1 ticket for $1)
*remember to bring your name stamp or pre-printed labels to put on the back of the tickets to save time
Must be present to win – drawing at 2:30 PM Saturday, June 8, 2019
Memory Book Advertising
Our Memory Book will be handed to every reader and author at the Book Fair, and it’s the perfect place to advertise your business. These books have spaces where each of the Authors can autograph, which makes the books highly collectable. Your ad will be viewed long after the event ends.
Take a look at the layout of for the Memory Book by clicking the button, and then come back and choose a size for your full-color ad in this highly-coveted author autograph book.
Use the widget at the bottom of the page to secure your spot in this exciting advertising opportunity.
MEMORY BOOK PRICING
4 x 2
4 x 4
8 x 2
4 x 6
8 x 4
8 x 6
8 x 11
small__4 x 2__$25
small__4 x 4__$40
small__8 x 2__$40
medium__4 x 6__$60
medium__8 x 4__$75
large__8 x 6__$85
full page__8 x 11__$100
Additional Sponsorship Opportunities
You’ll love the variety of opportunities available to make your brand stand out during Wild Deadwood Reads. Choose the ones that best suit your personality and the tone of your stories. Remember, repetition is the best way to keep your name on readers’ minds, and on their tongues, and we’re happy to offer many ways for you to accomplish this.
Elevator Clings – $550 – only 5 sponsorships available
- Full-color, beautifully and professionally printed from your artwork and installed on the outside of elevator doors throughout the hotel, casino, and common areas.
- Dimensions and resolution requirements provided for you or your graphics expert to prepare your own artwork. (rated PG only, please)
- See more photos of the beautiful 2018 elevator clings on the 2018 Pictures page
Security Sponsor – $350 – only ONE sponsorship available
- Your Name attached as “Security Sponsor” for Friday evening load-in for all author and vendor tables
- Your Name and Logo listed as “Security Sponsor” in Memory Book
- Promotion of your Name as “Security Sponsor” on Facebook Page, Facebook Reader Group, Twitter, Instagram, and on WDR Blog
- Signs at Friday load-in displaying “Overnight Security Provided by _______________”
****SOLD OUT****Logo on all Name Tags – $125 – only ONE sponsorship available
- Your logo in full-color (1″ x 1″) facing front-and-center on hundreds of people, and not just at the Book Fair – it’ll be seen and all over town and around the region
- Nametags are printed for Author, Reader, Cover Model, Author Assistant, Vendor, Volunteer, Corporate Sponsor
****SOLD OUT****Logo on all Author Seating Maps for Book Fair – $100 – only ONE sponsorship available
- Your logo in full-color (2″ x 2″) placed strategically on 8 1/2″ x 11″ paper handed to readers as they enter the Book Fair
- Consider including a coupon for them to bring to your table to use
Logo on all Event Schedules to be placed in the back of the neck wallet – $100 – only ONE sponsorship available
- Your logo in full-color (1″ x 1″) on the Event Schedule placed in every neck wallet (Author, Reader, Cover Model, Author Assistant, Vendor, Volunteer, Corporate Sponsor)
- Everyone refers to this schedule often over the course of the entire weekend
Logo on all Volunteer T-Shirts – $100 – only TWO sponsorships available
- Your logo (6″ x 6″) in white on the back of the Volunteer T-shirts (or 12″ x 9″ if you’d like to be the exclusive sponsor of the shirts by choosing 2 sponsorships)
Logo on Goodie Bags handed out to readers – $50 – you provide the bags – a minimum of 200 please – only ONE sponsorship available
- We are available to help you or your group of authors create the perfect logo for the bags, and you may order the bags (at your own expense) from your favorite vendor
- These bags must be reusable, made of cloth, and sturdy enough to hold a number of books plus swag
- You may create your logo in one-color, or full-color noting that full-color printing is usually a higher cost
Pens on Every Neck Wallet – $50 – you provide the pens – only ONE sponsorship available
- Place your branded pen on each neck wallet so everyone has your name and logo at their fingertips
- You or your representative must be present in Deadwood on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning to physically place the pens in the loop on each neck wallet
- Anticipated number of attendees will be provided for you 60 days prior to the event to allow you time to order pens
Neck Wallet Advertising – $50 – you provide the printed coupon – only TEN sponsorships available
- We will place your coupon in every neck wallet (Author, Reader, Cover Model, Author Assistant, Vendor, Volunteer, Corporate Sponsor).
- The tall 7″ size will grab attention, and we’ll promote, “check out the money-saving coupons in your neck wallet” to all attendees through social media before the event, and will point out the awesome coupons as we hand the neck wallets to everyone at the event.
- Maximum size: 7″ x 3″ – the 7″ length will poke out of the top of the neck wallet so it will quickly grab their attention
- Coupon deals should be good for something attendees can use during the weekend. Examples: an exclusive deal at your table at the Book Fair, or a free cocktail from you when they join you at the bar at a certain date and time.
- You must provide the printed coupons to us, either by shipping them to us or bringing them to us at the hotel – must arrive Wednesday, June 5 before Noon.
“Author Special” Announcement at Book Fair – $25 – only TEN sponsorships available
- Get instant attention when your “special” is announced over the PA system during the Book Fair
- Example: “Right now, for the next five minutes, Ginger Ring at table #5, will give you book 3 of her series, “Mobsters Love Lobsters” FREE with the purchase of books one and two of the series – Ginger, stand up and waive the Special Flag”
Water Bottles on the authors’ tables – $25 – you provide 75 water bottles – only TWO sponsorships available
- Bring 75 bottles of water to the Book Fair
- Using a nice cord or ribbon – attach your business card or advertising to the bottle – something the authors will take off the bottle when they recycle it and will want to take home with them
- Must be present at Book Fair to distribute bottles
- If you prefer to bring 150 bottles, please purchase both sponsorships
Snack on the authors’ tables – $25 – you provide 75 snacks – only TWO sponsorships available
- Bring 75 individually-packaged snacks and be sure to attach your advertising or business card in a way that won’t be discarded
- At sometime around Noon, walk through the Book Fair and introduce yourself to the authors in a memorable way
- Must be present at Book Fair to distribute snacks
Are you ready to get everything all set up for Deadwood in June?
If you’re ready to become one of the team and join us in producing Wild Deadwood Reads, please use the form below to secure your 2019 Sponsorships and extra-event tickets. We look forward to working with you to provide readers, authors, and everyone who comes to Deadwood in June a fabulous experience! Please contact Ginger with any questions. Ginger@GingerRing.com
Make Your Reservation at our Hotel
You’ll want to stay right where all the action is at the top of the town where the view of Deadwood is unsurpassed. A quick walk to everything in town, the Deadwood Mountain Grand is the premium hotel of the area. It’s new, spacious, and has fabulous amenities like a smoke-free casino, a spa, two restaurants, a bar with live music, free parking in the ramp, a gift shop, amazing outdoor decks with scenic views, and best of all, that’s where most of the extra-events happen or the buses and shuttles pick you up to go to the events. You’ll be in the company of authors, readers, vendors, cover models, and volunteers all ready to make new friends.
Click on the button to go to the Hotel page to get your room booked so you can rest easy that you’ve got a beautiful place to rest, reinvigorate, and party!