Here’s what we did in Deadwood this year! Next year promises to be just as exciting.
2017 Event Schedule
June 8th Thursday evening – Ride to Sturgis on the Spearfish Canyon Scenic Byway
Meet at hotel lobby at 5:00 pm, Patti (PJ) Fiala organizing.
- Ride is FREE
June 9th Friday morning – 1880s Train Ride through the Black Hills – Sponsoring Authors: Paty Jager, Dennis Koller, Cheryl Yeko, Tina Susedik, E.E. Burke, Carter Wilson, Amanda McIntyre, Lizbeth Selvig
- Motorcoach ride is FREE, train ride is $26
- Board the motorcoach in front of hotel at 11:15 am
- Games, prizes, and a special history lesson on the bus
- Train leaves Hill City at 1:15 pm, motorcoach picks us up in Keystone at 2:30 pm across street from train depot or in Borglum Historical Center Lot
June 9th Friday afternoon – Rodeo “Behind the Chutes” Tour – Event for people with Friday Night Rodeo Tickets only!
- Tour is FREE
- 4:50 pm meet at rodeo grounds for 30-minute tour
June 9th Friday evening – PBR Rodeo – Sponsoring Authors: Paty Jager, Jules Dixon, Amanda McIntyre, PJ Fiala, Tina Susedik, Lizbeth Selvig, E.E. Burke, Cheryl Yeko, Lorelei James, VA Dold
- Rodeo tickets are $10
- Wild Deadwood Reads has a reserved area in the stands – look for authors in their cowboy hats, bandanas, and name badges
- Head to a local watering hole after the event to hang out with the rodeo cowboys
June 10th Saturday morning – Book Signing – 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Reader registration is just $5
- 45 Authors, multi-genres
- Photos with our cover model, artwork, chocolates, hair pretties, and essential oils. And a swag table!
June 10th Saturday afternoon – Mount Rushmore – Sponsoring Authors: Katherine Rhodes, Michele Shriver, Patricia A. Campbell
- Motorcoach ride is $10, entrance to Mount Rushmore is FREE
- Board the motorcoach in front hotel at 2:30 pm
- Games, snacks, beverages and a history lesson from a relative who played a major role in the creation of Mount Rushmore
June 10th Saturday evening – Ghost Tours – Sponsoring Authors: Amanda McIntyre, E.E. Burke, Jacqueline Winters, A.C. Wilson, Lynn Cahoon, Inge-Lise Goss, Ginger Ring, June Kramin, Cassie Leigh, Mary Angela. PJ Fiala.
- Ghost Tour tickets are $10, appetizers are FREE
- Bullock Hotel, 633 Main St, Deadwood – first tour is at 5:00 pm – please arrive by 4:45 pm in Seth’s Cellar. Sponsoring authors will greet you at the front of the Hotel. Second tour is at 6:30 pm (or whenever everyone from the Mount Rushmore trip arrives). Happy hours, appetizers, and private bartender from 5 to 9 pm in Seth’s cellar.
- Hotel does have an elevator available for those who cannot do the stairs and you can take your drink with you, too.
- Take lots of pictures, you may not see anything but when you look back at your pictures, you’ll shout “WHAT”!?!?
June 10th Saturday night – Pub Crawl along Main Street – Sponsoring Author: Linda Rae Sande
- Appetizers are FREE
- Meet at 8:00 pm at Maverick’s in the Gold Gust, 688 Main St, Deadwood,
June 11th Sunday morning – Mystery Party – Sponsoring Author: Cheryl Yeko
- Mystery Party is FREE
- Join Cheryl and special guest Cowboy Kennedy in the Breakfast Room of the Holiday Inn Express 22 Lee Street from 7:00 am – 10:00 am
- Say “Howdy” to Kennedy, play to win a prize, all the while enjoying your complimentary hotel breakfast – what a fun way to round out a fabulous weekend!