Author Extra-Event Sponsorship Opportunities
Wild Deadwood Reads is hosting year five of our Book Fair and Legendary Events June 16-18, 2022, and we want you to be part of all the fun! Participate by choosing events (some of them are free!) and registering yourself and your traveling companions.
Are you looking for a way to connect directly with hundreds of people who are already big fans of books? Wild Deadwood Reads is the perfect way for you to do it! And we have fabulous sponsorship offers for you. Sponsorship opportunities come in all different sizes and prices, so grab your favorite quickly before it’s gone.
Read through all the options, choose what you’d like to attend and what you’d like to sponsor, then use the widget below to secure your tickets and sponsorships.
Extra-Event Tickets and Sponsorship Opportunities
When you sponsor an Extra-Event, you’ll reach Readers, Authors, Cover Models, Volunteers, and Author’s Assistants (who are all readers!) Again this year, there are no refunds on Extra-Event tickets or Sponsorships if you have to cancel, sorry.
All Event Sponsorships include your Logo, Business Name, and Link on the extra-event’s detailed website page; and ultimate recognition as your Name and Bio/Info is either displayed or given to each attendee as a full-color handout.
REMEMBER: Tickets and Sponsorship are separate items, if you’d like to attend an event, be sure to purchase a Ticket, but if you just want to sponsor an event and not attend, then you’ll choose the Sponsorship option. Thank you!
Sponsorship: Thursday Learning Day – $25
Your $25 provides:
- Your Logo, Name, and Link listed on the Learning Day event’s detailed website page.
- Strong recognition as your name, photo, and tagline are posted in the Conference Room
Location and Agenda: The Lodge at Deadwood, conference room. Time TBD
Tickets: Thursday Meet-and-Greet – Free
(Tickets are free for this event. Please secure a ticket for those in your party as it helps us plan for how many will be attending.)
Where: The Lodge at Deadwood, Ballroom
Format: Cash bar with light appetizers
6:30 – 7 PM, Authors Only – meet each other and pick up your neck wallets, tickets, schedules, etc. Receive last-minute instructions/changes, and open question forum with the Hosts
7 – 9 PM, Readers, Cover Models, Author Assistants, Vendors, and Sponsors will join the authors
Sponsorship: Thursday Meet-and-Greet – $50
Your $50 provides:
- Help covering the room charge for this Free Event –
- Help cover the bartender expense for this Free Event –
- Delicious appetizers which attending readers (and you!) will greatly appreciate
- Your Logo, Name, and Link listed on the Meet-and-Greet event’s detailed website page
Tickets: Friday Wild Book Readings – $10
(please secure one ticket for each person in your group)
Where: The Lodge at Deadwood Ballroom
Format: Cash Bar and Amazing Deserts from Local Vendors (including Chubby Chipmunk Chocolates)
7:15 PM with a glass of wine and a plate full of extraordinary desserts, be seated at the bistro tables and enjoy authors reading intriguing scenes from their very own books
COSTUMES OPTIONAL for Readers and Authors!
Sponsorship: Friday Wild Book Readings – $25
Your $25 provides:
- Your Logo, Business Name, and Link listed on the Wild Book Readings event’s detailed website page
- Strong recognition as your name and bio/info is read during the event, and a scene from your book is read (or read by you!)
- Linda Rae Sande will contact you with more details.
- Would you like to have your scene read on-stage, but can’t be at the Book Reading personally? Not a problem! Choose this event sponsorship and your scene will be read by an author or volunteer who will have received your scene prior to the event to allow them to practice.
- Or will you be attending the event, and would like to read your own scene (or designate someone else to read it for you)? Great – you’re very, very welcome! Sponsorship does NOT include ticket for drink and dessert.
Tickets: Breakfast With the Authors from 8:30 – 10 am Saturday before the Book Fair – $20
(please secure one ticket for each person in your group who would like to enjoy breakfast)
Where: Lodge at Deadwood
Format: Buffet breakfast, round 8-person tables with linen and real plates, cups, and silverware
We hope you’ll come hungry! The hearty start breakfast includes fresh scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese, sautéed peppers and onions, bacon, sliced ham, potatoes, biscuits and sausage gravy, French toast sticks, assorted muffins and fresh fruit. The breakfast also includes coffee, tea, and assorted chilled juices.
Sponsors, if they choose, will pick a table of their own to decorate and eat with their readers. Feel free to do some giveaways at your table as well. Please let us know what you prefer to do.
Readers are going to love sitting down with you for a few minutes before the book fair and saying “Hi.”
8:30 AM breakfast begins
9:40 AM authors called to the stage at the far end of the room for the 9:45 group photo (Authors, remember to eat early!)
9:50 AM photos finished so you have time to get back to your table
10:00 AM breakfast ends, readers line up at the entrance to the ball room for the official opening of the Book Fair
Sponsorship: Breakfast With the Authors from 8:30 – 10 am Saturday before the Book Fair – $50
Your $50 provides:
- Your Logo, Name, and Link listed on the Breakfast With the Authors event’s detailed website page.
- Sponsors, if they wish, can pick a table of their own to decorate and eat with their readers. Feel free to do giveaways at your table as well.
- Sponsorship does NOT include a ticket for the breakfast, you must purchase that separately.
Memory Book Advertising
Our Memory Book will be handed to every reader and author at the Book Fair, and it’s the perfect place to advertise your business. These books have spaces where each of the Authors can autograph, which makes the books highly collectable. Your ad will be viewed long after the event ends.
Take a look at the layout of for the Memory Book by clicking the button, and then come back and choose a size for your full-color ad in this highly-coveted author autograph book.
Please click on the memory book advertising tab for more information on how to secure your spot in this exciting advertising opportunity.
Additional Sponsorship Opportunities
You’ll love the variety of opportunities available to make your brand stand out during Wild Deadwood Reads. Choose the ones that best suit your personality and the tone of your stories. Remember, repetition is the best way to keep your name on readers’ minds, and on their tongues, and we’re happy to offer many ways for you to accomplish this.
Logo on all Name Tags – $125 – only ONE sponsorship available
- Your logo in full-color (1″ x 1″) facing front-and-center on hundreds of people, and not just at the Book Fair – it’ll be seen and all over town and around the region
- Nametags are printed for Author, Reader, Cover Model, Author Assistant, Vendor, Volunteer, Corporate Sponsor
Logo on all Author Seating Maps for Book Fair – $100 – only ONE sponsorship available
- Your logo in full-color (2″ x 2″) placed strategically on 8 1/2″ x 11″ paper handed to readers as they enter the Book Fair
- Consider including a coupon for them to bring to your table to use
Logo on all Event Schedules to be placed in the back of the neck wallet – $100 – only ONE sponsorship available
- Your logo in full-color (1″ x 1″) on the Event Schedule placed in every neck wallet (Author, Reader, Cover Model, Author Assistant, Vendor, Volunteer, Corporate Sponsor)
- Everyone refers to this schedule often over the course of the entire weekend
Logo on Goodie Bags handed out to readers – $25 – you provide the bags – a minimum of 100 please.
- We are available to help you or your group of authors create the perfect logo for the bags, and you may order the bags (at your own expense) from your favorite vendor
- These bags must be reusable, made of cloth, and sturdy enough to hold a number of books plus swag
- You may create your logo in one-color, or full-color noting that full-color printing is usually a higher cost
Pens on Every Neck Wallet – $50 – you provide the pens – only ONE sponsorship available
- Place your branded pen on each neck wallet so everyone has your name and logo at their fingertips
- You or your representative must be present in Deadwood on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning to physically place the pens in the loop on each neck wallet
- Anticipated number of attendees will be provided for you 60 days prior to the event to allow you time to order pens
Neck Wallet Advertising – $50 – you provide the printed coupon – only TEN sponsorships available
- We will place your coupon in every neck wallet (Author, Reader, Cover Model, Author Assistant, Vendor, Volunteer, Corporate Sponsor).
- Maximum size: 7″ x 3″ – the 7″ length will poke out of the top of the neck wallet so it will quickly grab their attention
- Coupon deals should be good for something attendees can use during the weekend. Examples: an exclusive deal at your table at the Book Fair, or a free cocktail from you when they join you at the bar at a certain date and time.
- You must provide the printed coupons to us, either by shipping them to us or bringing them to us at the hotel – must arrive Wednesday, June 5 before Noon.
“Author Special” Announcement at Book Fair – $25 – only TEN sponsorships available
- Get instant attention when your “special” is announced over the PA system during the Book Fair by Michael Foster.
- Example: “Right now, for the next five minutes, Ginger Ring at table #5, will give you book 3 of her series, “Mobsters Love Lobsters” FREE with the purchase of books one and two of the series.
Water Bottles on the authors’ tables – $25 – you provide 75 water bottles – only TWO sponsorships available
- Bring 75 bottles of water to the Book Fair
- Using a nice cord or ribbon – attach your business card or advertising to the bottle – something the authors will take off the bottle when they recycle it and will want to take home with them
- Must be present at Book Fair to distribute bottles
- If you prefer to bring 150 bottles, please purchase both sponsorships
Snack on the authors’ tables – $25 – you provide 75 snacks – only TWO sponsorships available
- Bring 75 individually-packaged snacks and be sure to attach your advertising or business card in a way that won’t be discarded
- At sometime around Noon, walk through the Book Fair and introduce yourself to the authors in a memorable way
- Must be present at Book Fair to distribute snacks
Are you ready to get everything all set up for Deadwood in June?
If you’re ready to become one of the team and join us in producing Wild Deadwood Reads, please use the form below to secure your 2022 Sponsorships and extra-event tickets. We look forward to working with you to provide readers, authors, and everyone who comes to Deadwood in June a fabulous experience! Please contact Ginger with any questions. Ginger@GingerRing.com