Here’s a downloadable, printable PDF of all the fun things happening in Deadwood June 9-11! Wild Deadwood Reads 2017 Event Schedule
If you’d rather access from your phone or device, here’s the list! See you soon in Deadwood!
2017 Event Schedule
June 8th Thursday evening – Ride to Sturgis on the Spearfish Canyon Scenic Byway
Meet at Holiday Inn Express 22 Lee Street, Deadwood at 5:00 pm, Patti (PJ) Fiala organizing.
June 9th Friday morning – 1880s Train Ride through the Black Hills – Sponsoring Authors: Paty Jager, Dennis Koller, Cheryl Yeko, Tina Susedik, E.E. Burke, Carter Wilson, Amanda McIntyre, Lizbeth Selvig
- Board the motorcoach in front of Holiday Inn Express, 22 Lee Street, Deadwood at 11:15 am
- Train leaves Hill City at 1:15 pm, motorcoach picks us up in Keystone at 2:30 pm across street from train depot or in Borglum Historical Center Lot
June 9th Friday afternoon – Rodeo “Behind the Chutes” Tour – Event for people with Friday Night Rodeo Tickets only!
- Victoria Ann (VA) Dold organizing and managing this event
- 4:00 pm meet at rodeo grounds for 30-minute tour
- Victoria Ann (VA) will check you in
- Please sign up for this event at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lZqbGArD-ktfpN915HWz_vaFXY7JfBqixbFdF2c4v4Q/viewform?edit_requested=true (complete a separate entry for each member of your group)
June 9th Friday evening – PBR Rodeo – Sponsoring Authors: Paty Jager, Jules Dixon, Amanda McIntyre, PJ Fiala, Tina Susedik, Lizbeth Selvig, E.E. Burke, Cheryl Yeko, Lorelei James, VA Dold
- Sponsoring authors will be out front near the ticket office starting at 6:00 pm at the Days of ’76 Event Complex, Deadwood. Look for the sponsoring authors wearing cowboy hats, bandanas, and name badges. If you purchased a $10 sponsored ticket, get your rodeo tickets from them.
- Wild Deadwood Reads has a reserved area in the stands – look for authors in their cowboy hats, bandanas, and name badges – we will have space for everyone ($10 tickets, and $20 tickets).
June 10th Saturday morning – Book Signing – 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Holiday Inn Express, 22 Lee Street, Deadwood – Lower level
- Photos with our cover model, artwork, chocolates, hair pretties, and essential oils. And a swag table!
June 10th Saturday afternoon – Mount Rushmore – Sponsoring Authors: Katherine Rhodes, Michele Shriver, Patricia A. Campbell
- Board the motorcoach in front of Holiday Inn Express, 22 Lee Street, Deadwood at 2:30 pm
June 10th Saturday evening – Ghost Tours – Sponsoring Authors: Amanda McIntyre, E.E. Burke, Jacqueline Winters, A.C. Wilson, Lynn Cahoon, Inge-Lise Goss, Ginger Ring, June Kramin, Cassie Leigh, Mary Angela
- Bullock Hotel, 633 Main St, Deadwood – first tour is at 5:00 pm – please arrive by 4:45 pm in Seth’s Cellar. Sponsoring authors will greet you at the front of the Hotel. Second tour is at 6:30 pm (or whenever everyone from the Mount Rushmore trip arrives). Happy hours, appetizers, and private bartender from 5 to 9 pm in Seth’s cellar.
- Hotel does have an elevator available for those who cannot do the stairs and you can take your drink with you, too.
- Take lots of pictures, you may not see anything but when you look back at your pictures, you’ll shout “WHAT”!?!?
June 10th Saturday night – Pub Crawl along Main Street – Sponsoring Author: Linda Rae Sande
- Meet at 8:00 pm at Maverick’s in the Gold Gust, 688 Main St, Deadwood,
June 11th Sunday morning – Mystery Party – Sponsoring Author: Cheryl Yeko
- Join Cheryl and special guest Cowboy Kennedy in the Breakfast Room of the Holiday Inn Express 22 Lee Street from 7:00 am – 10:00 am
- Say “Howdy” to Kennedy, play to win a prize, all the while enjoying your complimentary hotel breakfast – what a fun way to round out a fabulous weekend!